sex hikayeleri interior desing escort fethiye escort denizli porno hikaye kredi kartı borç sorgulama sitesi yayında ziraatbank borç sorgulama
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
July 21, 2012 12:00:00 AM
  Follow @ Twitter

Batman movie director Christopher Nolan has lamented the "senseless tragedy' and "unbearably savage" gunning down of 12 movie goers at a Colorado theater screening of "The Dark Knight Rises."

The Oscar-nominated filmmaker, who canceled the French premiere of the final part in the Batman trilogy and a media junket in Paris after the shootings, said the "innocent" place he calls his "home," the cinema, had been violated.

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew... I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community," Nolan said, referring to the town where the killings occurred.

"I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie," he added.

A further 59 people were wounded in the attack.

British-American Nolan is director of the trio of Batman movies that started with "Batman Begins" in 2005 followed by "The Dark Knight" in 2008. "The Dark Knight Rises" is the final installment.

He also wrote and directed 2010 thriller "Inception," which won four Oscars and was nominated for four others. Nolan was also nominated for best screenplay Oscar in 2002, for "Memento."

"I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime," Nolan said.

"The movie theater is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me.

"Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."

British actor Gary Oldman, who plays Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon in the movie, expressed shock at the "horrific" shooting, while studio Warner Brothers said it was "deeply saddened."

Stars including Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard and Morgan Freeman had been due to attend the premiere on the Champs-Elysees in Paris ahead of the film's general opening in France on Wednesday.

But management at the Gaumont Champs-Elysees cinema, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the premiere had been scrapped.

AFP

 


PREVIOUS STORY
'Mad Men' dominates Emmy nominations
NEXT STORY
Bale voices 'horror' at US massacre

Bookmark and Share
   




FIJI NEWS
New system to improve service deliveryThe new Consent Monitoring Database system installed by the Ministry of Lands and Mineral Resources will allow better management of customer queries and complaints, says Minister for Lands and Mineral Resources, Mereseini Vuniwaqa.
SPORTS
Champs Rewa escape with a drawReigning champion Rewa came from two goals down to hold Ba 2-2 in the feature Day 1 match of the 2015 INKK Mobile Battle Of Giants at Ratu Cakobau Park tonight.
TECHNOLOGY
Online registration for foreign investorsFiji will soon launch online registration and approvals system for foreign investors.
ENTERTAINMENT
Keith Richards Crosseyed Heart out Sept 18Keith Richards will release his eagerly anticipated Crosseyed Heart, his third solo album and his first in over 20 years, September 18.
WORLD
Pope prays for peace in Syria, KoreaPope Francis prayed for a "political solution" in Syria and for "reconciliation" on the Korean peninsula in his first Easter Sunday message in front of a crowd in St Peter's Square.
BUSINESS
Fiji Airways further repays $20m to FNPFFiji's national carrier- Fiji Airways today made a further lump sum repayment of FJD $20m on its loan facility to the Fiji National Provident Fund.
NEWS SPORTS INFOTAINMENT MOBILE HOT TOPICS FOLLOW US ON