Mango Brown BettyIngredients
1. Melt butter or margarine and mix with breadcrumbs.
2. Place a layer of buttered breadcrumbs in a greased baking dish, then add a layer of mango slices.
3. Sprinkle mango layer with cinnamon and sugar.
4. Add another layer of breadcrumbs, then another layer of mango slices.
5. Add water, then sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
6. Bake in a moderate oven (350 fahrenheit or 180 degree celcius) for about an hour or until mangoes are soft. (Any type of oven may be used.)
7. serve plain, with cream or milk or with lemon or lime sauce.
Note: Instead of breadcrumbs, 1 cup of freshly grated coconut my be used. Coconut water may be used in place of water.