Wednesday, June 19, 2024
601 ad

5-month old baby dies in home fire

A house fire in Bukuya Village, Navosa claimed the life of a 5-month-old baby yesterday afternoon.

According to Police, the baby was allegedly left alone in the home while a parent had gone to a nearby shop, when a fire believed to have started from unattended cooking, broke out, resulting in the tragic incident.

Police and the National Fire Authority are jointly investigating the matter and the element of negligence will also be investigated.

Parents and guardians are again reminded that accidents can occur at any given time, which is why children should never be left unsupervised.

Reginald Chandar
Reginald Chandar
Head of News & Sports | news@fijilive.com

MORE FROM FIJILIVE

Bula Boys storm into Nations Cup se...

The Digicel Bula Boys have sealed their spot in the semifinals of t...

PNG keeps hope alive after draw

Papua New Guinea keeps its hopes alive in the OFC Men’s Nations Cup...

FIJI Water extends Flying Fijians s...

The Fiji Rugby Football Union Trust Board (FRFUTB) and FIJI Water t...

Court denies Sayed-Khaiyum’s ...

The Magistrates Court in Suva today rejected former Attorney-Genera...
Fijilive Ad

trending

error: