January 24, 2022
  Follow @ Twitter

Rt Cakobau Park opening pushed further

Nausori's Ratu Cakobau Park which was expected to open by the end of this month will now open a month later as certain factors have affected the reopening of the sporting complex.
 
Nasinu and Nausori Town Council chief executive Anurashika Bari told FijiLive  that 70 per cent maintenance and repairs to the ground and pavilions have been done and they anticipate the remaining 30 per cent to complete any time soon. 
 
"The bad weather conditions experienced in December last year did not allow maintenance work to continue."
 
"So the maintenance and repairs were to end soon however due to the weather conditions and cyclones did not let that happen."
 
"We also experienced unavailability of goods which did not allow the works to complete by the end of this month."
 
"It has pushed the opening to a later date but we can expect the full completion at any time."
 
"Our people are already on the ground and have begun with the works but we cannot reveal the time frame when the park will open because we have to check the repairs and maintenance several times before opening it," she said. 
 
By Romeka Romena  


Post a Comment
Bookmark and Share

 


Posted Comments
No comments, but you can post the first comment!

 


 






SPORTS
The US is Fiji's big threat: Gollings
Fiji 7s Head Coach Ben Gollings believes the USA 7s team will pose a huge threat at this weekend's HSBC London 7s.
RUGBY
Kerevi,Koroibete face-off in final
Fiji-born Wallabies centre Samu Kerevi will face Fijian winger Marika Koroibete as their Japanese club Suntory Sungoliath and Saitama Wild Knights meet in the Japan Rugby League One final next week.
FIJI NEWS
Cyclone Winston moves towards Tonga
Category 2 Tropical Cyclone Winston is moving away from the Lau group and towards Tonga.
WORLD
Obama unveils gun violence proposals
President Barack Obama today demanded an assault weapons ban and universal background checks for gun buyers, stoking a generational clash with the firearms lobby after the Newtown school massacre.
ENTERTAINMENT
Afghan street kid heads for the Oscars red carpet
An Afghan street kid is off to Hollywood and the red-carpet treatment at the Oscars -- a fairytale ending to a chance encounter that led to a starring role in a movie.
TECHNOLOGY
Online registration for foreign investors
Fiji will soon launch online registration and approvals system for foreign investors.
NEWS SPORTS INFOTAINMENT MOBILE HOT TOPICS FOLLOW US ON